Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow.
This is a tasty one – vegan nut roast. Sunday lunch approved. Lunchbox approved. In fact, it would do for just about any eating occasion.
And as always, super simple! (I think there’s a trend starting here…)
For those tracking macros, this recipe is 348kcal/portion with % energy split: 25C/53F/22P – don’t be afraid of the fats, they’re majority healthy unsaturated fats from the nuts! This recipe is also high in protein and a source of fibre; happy days. 🙂
The recipe is 6 servings and I would recommend serving with a side dish of steamed veggies.
• 1 large onion
• 1 tbsp olive oil or other vegetable oil
• 20g (a generous dollop) of Marmite stirred into 1/4 pint of hot water for stock
• 200g mixed chopped nuts
• 2 tbsp ground almonds
• 100g rolled oats
• A good shake of black pepper + herbs to taste
1. Peel and chop the onion and fry in the oil for around 4 minutes, until softened.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine the dry ingredients (nuts + oats) and add the fried onion once done.
3. Stir in the stock – the mix will combine to some extent but don’t worry that it’s a little crumbly!
4. Press mix into a greaseproof paper lined loaf tin and bake at 180c for 20 to 2 minutes.
5. Once out the oven (and golden brown in colour…), leave to cool before slicing. I portion mine out by slicing into 6 and wrapping individual portions in foil to eat through the week, but you could refrigerate the whole thing in a Tupperware and slice as you go.