This is a creamy, indulgent dish whilst still having lots of vegetables and a good balance of macros: use reduced fat coconut milk and this one’s a guilt free treat.
The recipe below serves 6 – great for meal preppers.
For those tracking macros, 1 portion (not including rice / noodles) is 293kcal/portion with % energy split: 59C/26F/15P.
• 1 tbsp olive oil
• 1 chopped onion
• 2 chopped garlic cloves
• 200g chopped carrots
• 200g chopped bell peppers
• 200g frozen green beans
• 1 vegetable stock cube (I used reduced salt)
• 1 can low fat coconut milk
• 1 can chickpeas
• 1 tsp garam masala
• 1 tsp black pepper
• 1 tsp coriander
1) Slice onion, garlic, carrots, peppers etc.
2) Gently fry sliced onion and garlic for a 1 minute or 2 before adding carrots and bell peppers.
3) Once veggies are starting to soften, add green beans and chickpeas and give the mix a stir.
4) Crumple over the stock cube, add black pepper, garam masala and coriander (or any other herbs, spices, seasonsings you fancy getting creative with!). Add 100ml freshly boiled water and mix to make a sauce.
5) Stir in coconut milk and allow to simmer gently for 5-10 minutes until the vegetables have all softened to desired amount.